Google
 

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Comfort Food

I don't really like to cook. I used to, but not so much anymore. When I do cook it's generally not something too healthy so it's just as well that it doesn't happen too often. I do make some really yummy mashed potatoes, but the the cholesterol will practically stick to your arteries just reading this.

Scrub up some plain old russet potatoes. I feed a houseful of testosterone bearing individuals so I do about twelve potatoes. I peel half of them, this is my concession to the one or two of my guys that don't love the skins. Dice them up and put them on to boil. While the potatoes are cooking, mince a couple cloves of garlic and pan-roast. When the potatoes are fork tender put them in a colander to drain. I toss a stick of margarine into the pot while it's still hot, then dump the potatoes back in on top of the margarine, toss in the garlic. Mix just enough to melt the margarine and distribute the garlic, then add one or two cups of shredded cheese. I use the cheddar-jack that my market carries. Mix again to melt the cheese. Next add a container of low-fat sour cream- I know the low-fat seems a bit silly at this point, I just like the taste better than full fat. Mix again and mash as much as you like, I leave them a little lumpy. Enjoy.

No comments: