Google
 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Over The Hump

I've made it over the hump in my first week on the new job, come on, Friday! I am beat. It's been 22 years since I have had to learn a new job from the bottom up. And while I am still at the University, and know alot (ALOT) of the inside stuff, I have a ton to learn.

Grant and assessment administration is uncharted waters for me, coming from academic faculty and student support. I do have to admit though that I'm having fun putting together an office from the four walls in, and end-of-the-fiscal-year budget restraints are putting my creative skills to work. It's fun too that it's a brand new position in a new department so I get to make it up as I go. Flying by the seat of my pants, hey, I am gooood at that!

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying your work and must say, sounds difficult to me.

The Nature Nut said...

Good luck - I'm sure you will do just fine. Happy decorating!!!