Google
 

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Driving In Circles

I was getting really tired of hanging out in the promo forums trying to get folks to look at my Etsy shop. I mean they are there trying to get me to look at their shops. It was getting really redundant and not producing any sales.

So... okay, everyone seems to have a blog, thought I'd give that a try. I wasn't sure what I was doing and often still get things right quite by accident, but I have this blog. I spend time on it every day, tweaking and updating and adding little widgets. And now I seem to spend all my time in the promo forums trying to get people to look at my blog!

6 comments:

XUE said...

This is soooo true! You've said here, what I've been thinking all along...sigh... It's like everyone's a seller ( including me!!!).

Anonymous said...

I don't look much at the promo forum because it's too fast for me!
I think blogging is a better means of promotion :)

SewCrazyDogLady said...

Bah.. go from blog to blog instead... read posts, make comments and the readers will follow.

Remember, that people on Etsy are trying to sell too.. you want people to BUY! Consider your market and move outside the etsy blogosphere.

Mixed Species said...

Don't give up. We just saw your post in the forums and read your blog! That's how you get us fans. One at a time. Great work!

P.S. Original said...

You are so right and I relate completely! Your blog looks very good, nice job!

AlasMyDear said...

hear ye! i find blogging much more fun than forum-ing, though...so i don't do that much anymore. there're only so many hours in a day aren't there.

neat blog btw...i'm enjoying myself!