Google
 

Sunday, March 30, 2008

20,000 Beads Under The Sea

According to Greek mythology Amphitrite was the sea personified. As Poseidon's wife, Amphitrite's offspring include seals and dolphins.

I finally finished Amphitrite's Garden and just in time for it to be successfully auctioned off at a gala event last night. About 20,000 beads including lapis lazuli, crystal, aventurine, freshwater pearls, copper, sterling, mother of pearl, paua shell, Czech glass, many, many size 8 seeds and several hours later I am very pleased with how it turned out. A substantial and lush piece Amphitrite's Garden makes a bold statement.


Although this piece will not, indeed can not, be duplicated the style will be offered for custom orders in the buyer's choice of colorway and theme.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Lovely necklace! I really like how you linked it to Greek mythology :) (I'm a classical studies minor :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

WOW--that is fabulous! I cannot even imagine the work that went into it!
Smiles, Karen

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

what a gorgeous necklace!

cigarboxbeads said...

beautiful necklace---and I know the work that goes into a piece of art like that!

marilyn g